PREP 3 – Elementary
Where students learn to speak clearly and confidently…
|Who:||Students in kindergarten-grade 6 who have Down syndrome|
|What:||Individual or Small Group speech/language therapy|
|Where:||Woodridge PREP Centre, 2004 12 Ave NW|
|When:||September – June|
|Why:||Learning to speak up clearly and confidently is the goal for every student. For some it takes more practice and coaching. PREP has the expertise, commitment and heart to teach students, coach parents, and encourage teachers to make that goal a reality. Thanks to PREP’s not for profit Board and the sponsorship of the Woodridge Charity Golf Tournament children in all grades are welcome to access the best at PREP!|
Select this link to download 2015 – 2016 student info package (PDF document)
Did you know:
- PREP therapists are experts in the field of Down syndrome.
- Therapy is based on individual needs. Students with Down syndrome receive individual or small group therapy.
- PREP believes that parents are their child’s best teacher and therefore it is a requirement that parents observe therapy sessions and be a part of their child’s learning.
- PREP therapists expect the best of students! As a result, PREP 3 students are: Courteous, Cooperative, Caring, Considerate and Confident!
- Jumpstart Charities gives kids a sporting chance! 1 in 3 Canadian families cannot afford to enroll their kids in organized sports. Jumpstart aims to change that. Jumpstart funding helps families that need a financial hand with registration, equipment and/or transportation costs. Jumpstart also helps community groups provide high quality programs.
PREP 3 Parents are learners too, as they:
- Enjoy the opportunity to socialize and learn from other parents of children with Down syndrome
- Attend coffee afternoons and workshops hosted by our Family Support Liaison
- Learn about the transition from elementary school to junior high
- Watch and be a part of their child’s growth and learning
To inquire about your child’s eligibility for PREP 3, please contact Barb McHarg (403) 282-5011 ext 130 or by email.
To RSVP or for further Information contact: Debbi Thompson 403 282 5011 ext126 / firstname.lastname@example.org