The PREP Program is a resource centre dedicated to the inclusion of individuals with Down syndrome in home, school and community life.
We are a registered, non-profit organization for parents, families and friends of people with Down syndrome.
Founded in 1988 by a registered SLP, The PREP Program now provides a wide variety of services and resources for individuals with Down syndrome in the Calgary area and around the world.
Women of Vision – Barbara TIEN. Select this link to read more >>
Creating partnerships and progressive programs to integrate individuals with Down syndrome into society.
A society enriched by the inclusion of individuals with Down syndrome. “It’s OK to have Down syndrome.”
- We are family – Parent involvement.
- You and me together – Partnerships.
- I believe I belong – Inclusive education.
- Just watch me – Challenge.
- I do too belong – Acceptance.
Membership in The PREP Program is open to anyone 18 years and older who pays the annual membership fee for full members. In order to enrol a child in the PREP Program you must be a full member.
The annual membership fee to join The PREP Program Society is $75.00 CAD per year (September to August) per family. As a member of The PREP Program, a Calgary Society to Promote Education for Children with Down Syndrome, you are entitled to the following privileges:
- voting privileges at the PREP Society Annual General Meeting held in November of every year(one vote per registered family)
- free monthly workshops
- use of the resource library
- subsidized social events
- and complimentary parking,
- and most importantly, enrollment of your child in PREP’s programs!
To become a member, click here.
The PREP Program is a registered, not-for-profit society. Donations to the program are gratefully accepted and donors receive a tax receipt. Our registered charity number is #0888636-20
Read it here (PDF document)